General Call for Works: (Submission Deadline – September 15)
The Manchester University (N. Manchester, Indiana) Department of Music is pleased to announce a call for submissions for the 2nd Manchester New Music Festival (formerly the Manchester New Music Mini-festival).
The festival will take place on the Manchester University campus in North Manchester, Indiana on March 26-28 of 2015. The festival will include concerts, presentations, a young composers competition and young composers reading sessions. This year’s featured performer will be Grammy-winning operatic baritone, Daniel Belcher.
Composers may submit work in the following categories:
- Instrumental solo and chamber works (for any combination of standard orchestral instruments, with or without piano – maximum of 5 players)
- Works for choir
- Works for solo voice
- Electroacoustic compositions
- Paper sessions/presentations
- Chamber and solo compositions for baritone voice are especially encouraged
- Composers may submit up to two works for consideration
- Due to limited resources, works for which the composer can provide performers are encouraged.
- Some programming decisions will be based on availability of performers.
- Electroacoustic compositions are also encouraged (although limited to 4-channel playback).
- Composers of selected works will be expected to attend the festival.
- Papers/presentation proposals on topics related to contemporary music are also encouraged. There will be one or two sessions during the festival.
Send submissions via email to email@example.com (files larger than 10 MB should be sent using dropbox.com or an equivalent service). Please include the following…
- Score (PDF)
- Duration of the work
- MP3 or link to audio file (if available)
- Program Notes
- Composer Bio
- Please indicate whether or not you can provide performers.
Submission Deadline: September 15
There is no submission or registration fee.
For additional information contact Tim Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit https://manchesternewmusicfestival.wordpress.com
*Note: There is a separate call for submissions by young composers. Information on that call can be found at https://manchesternewmusicfestival.wordpress.com/young-composers-competition